Minutes from 11/14/11
Dec. 1st Sale-
- Date- Thursday, December 1st
- Time- Set up- 7:30am-9am. Sale-9am-7pm. Clean up- 7pm
- Fliers– Dan will be working on fliers for the sale that will include the campus address so they can be posted on and off campus.
- Newspaper- Dan will try to contact the Leo and Jay will try to contact the Tribune to get an ad for the sale posted.
- Campus-wide E-mail– Brian will be sending out a campus-wide E-mail
- Misc.– We still want to make arrangements for the marquee at the entrance to campus and are looking for more suggestions to help get the word out.
- Participants- Anyone interested in selling work is encouraged to sign up on the board in the ceramics studio. If you can’t make it there, please E-mail email@example.com to let us know of your interest. This will help us plan for space and how many tables we need or any special arrangements we need to make.
- Workers- There is a sign up on the board in the ceramics studio for those interested in working at the sale. The list is set up in hours, so volunteers can block in whatever time they have available. We would like to have at least two people working the sale at all times.
- We are still trying to find out about the “Official” status of the club. Stephanie had talked to someone in Campus Life who had told her that votes happen on Friday. Brian and Jay have also been trying to contact Campus Life about finding out if we will reach “Official” status before the sale. This will determine much of how our transactions are handled at the sale and we will send out an update as soon as more information is known. In the meantime, Jay will be looking into options for being able to accept credit cards in case the club gets it’s account at the IUS Credit Union before Dec. 1st.
Next Meeting- Monday, November 21st at 4:30pm in the Ceramics Studio.
Minutes from 9/26/11
Good Evening Everyone!
For those who weren’t able to make it to the first meeting of the year, here’s a recap of all you missed:
Dirt Bags Council-
We discussed the governing structure of the Dirt Bags and decided to continue using the Council. So far, Stephanie Smith, Amelia Wise, and myself have thrown our names in for the positions. Anyone else interested in serving on the council should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure we know who is wanting to get involved.
Connecting with New Students-
We had discussed different ways make ourselves known and to let the students who are interested in joining an art club know about the Dirt Bags.
We decided to host an event (A Raku-beque at lunchtime (Noon) on Tuesday, October 6th. and visit all of the art classes to provide information about who we are and to invite everyone to attend. We will have a list of current art classes at the next meeting and will be looking for volunteers to sign up to visit the classrooms.
We had also discussed creating posters in different mediums to be posted up around campus. We have left the designs to those who wish to create the posters and are looking for a message that lets everyone know that the Dirt Bags are not just a ceramics club, but a club for all mediums. We also wanted the posters to have our contact information on them: email@example.com, thedirtbags.wordpress.com, and http://www.facebook.com/groups/thedirtbags.
We talked about having a bi-weekly post on the Facebook group featuring an individual artist from the Dirtbags.
We concluded the meeting by asking everyone to brainstorm about what our mission is, what kind of identity do we want the club to have, and what is the future direction we would like to see in the Dirt Bags. We hope everyone will bring their ideas to the next meeting for discussion. This is your chance to help define the Dirt Bags, re-imagine our mission and identity, and to add your voice to the club’s future.
Our next meeting is scheduled for a week from today, October 3rd, at 4:30pm. We are having difficulty figuring out what times are best for meetings, so if there is a time that works better for everyone, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we know everyone’s availability and we can make adjustments if possible.
I hope to see everyone at the next meeting!
Minutes from 10/14/10
Dear Fellow Dirtbags,
During today’s meeting we had general discussion about some upcoming events, including possible
new events, and we have made some plans for them accordingly. The remaining Dirt Bags related events
for this semester are:
– October 27th, Possible collaboration with the the Arts Council in New Albany with an art sale (Troy is attaining more details)
– October 28th, Raku Potluck 2: The Search for Fire
– October 29th (tentative), Halloween Party (Kirsten will be gathering confirmation of times and other details)
– November 18th, The Dirt Bags Art Sale
Details about the Art Sale Collaboration with the Arts Council and the Halloween Party will be emailed
out as Troy and Kirsten get them
The 2nd Raku Potluck will be slightly different from the last one as the actual Raku firing will begin earlier than the “Party” itself
If you are interested in getting one of your pieces fired, or if you would like to bring some food, sign up on the blackboard in ceramics
Time: Show up food in tow @ 7ish – Whenever
The Dirt Bags Art Sale was discussed at the meeting and so far here is a list of who has volunteered to do what jobs:
– Facebook Event: Kirsten
– Fliers: Alicia
– Press release: Sue
– Leo: Jay
– Get tables from maintenance department: Brian
– Coffee pot cleaner: Ashley
– Buy Donuts: dirt bags
– Email to the faculty: Brian
– Informational Flier: Philip
if you would like to sell your work at the Dirt Bags Art Sale, understand that 50% of your sales go to benefit the Dirt Bags Art Club and
Bring the work you would like to sell to the Ceramics Studio after 4:30pm the night before the sale
Sign-up for shifts to work the Art Sale will be up in the ceramics studio soon.
We also discussed having a reject show for the work that gets rejected from the student show, but no definite details
have been officially decided upon.
AT THE NEXT MEETING:
– There will be a vote for the ye or nay on the 27th art sale
– Shifts for the DB Art Sale
– Confirm Dates and times for tentative events
Last but not least, if some of you get this email really soon, be a minch and head over to the SpaceLab to see some really fly paintings by Kristy Leverock
If someone who attended the meeting notices I missed something please bring that to our attention, otherwise